anthro03

anthro01

anthro02

kate02

Walking Fifth Avenue
FRIDAY, JUNE 19TH 2009
AREA MAP

One of my major goals whilst living in NYC is to literally walk most (if not all) of Manhattan, from Battery park to 110th Street. This is a time consuming task, but it has its accomplishments: exercise, discovery and eventually, familiarity. Today I took a train to Union Square/14th Street and began my 72 block walk to 86th Street!

Fifth Avenue is known for its upscale shopping, touting brands like Chanel, Fendi, Gucci, and Tiffany & Co. After it reaches Central Park, 5th Avenue turns into "Museum Mile" with the notable Metropolitan Museum of Art, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, and the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum to name a few.

As an interior designer I was thrilled to see all the amazing storefronts and interiors on this street, especially from the upscale stores. The streets became so crowded that I quickly gave up taking photographs - you would not believe how long I patiently stood waiting for a chance to take the person-less photos above! - but I did manage to capture two creative storefronts: Anthropologie and Kate Spade.

No comments:

Post a Comment