bb03

bb04

bb05

bb06

bb01

bb02

Lunch at Blackbird Parlour, Williamsburg
THURSDAY, JUNE 25TH 2009
AREA MAP

I began my first excursion to the Williamsburg area of Brooklyn with a scrumptious brunch at Blackbird Parlour. I feasted on this massive spinach and mushroom frittata which was accompanied by a side of various types of potatoes - including sweet potatoes, surprise! - that were like tasting the food of the gods. Despite being very, very full, I topped off my meal with a towering piece of coconut cake that was fluffy and creamy and a perfect balance of cake, coconut and frosting.

The interior of the space was full of reclaimed charm. Everything looked noticeably worn, like a handed down piece of family furniture in slight disrepair. It was a sunny day and the dark space was comfortably lit by natural light. The people and the restaurant were hipsterific, a detail for which Williamsburg is known. This bothers a lot of people in NYC, but for me it simply reminds me of being in art school and I enjoyed being in a concentration of people my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment