soho02

soho03

soho01

soho04

soho05

Interior Decor Stores, Soho
TUESDAY, JUNE 16TH 2009
AREA MAP

Ochre was full of luxurious goods that I could only dream to afford. I was drawn to the whimsical items; a bell jar housing a robin's nest and photo frames made from repurposed wood siding. I liked that everything in the store - accessories, tables, lighting - was all for sale. I watched a woman purchase one dish place setting for almost $2K and decided it was time to move on.

Aero Studios was much less organized than Ochre, with items stacked on top of each other in a cluttered attempt at presentation. I did not care for most of the products, pausing briefly here and there to admire a wooden bowl or a glass vase perfect for terrariums.

I frequented more stores but failed to take photographs. Most stores are touchy about either the design or the name brand products themselves. I also visited Tokidoki, CB2, Muji, Andrianna Shamaris and Kidrobot.

No comments:

Post a Comment